The Fur Sale went very well for the ISTA with thirty two (32) trappers selling 1272 pelts to nine (9) Buyers for a total of $4,507.42. This is about a third of the gross from three (3) years ago. Yes prices were down, but we are still trapping. The ranges were:
- Beaver XXL/XXXL had $20 offered / no sale
- Beaver XL/LG: $ 7.50 – 10.00
- Beaver Small/Frozen/Med: $0.50 – 4.50
- Beaver Grease/Carcass: $3.00 – 6.00
- Coyote #1: $ 7.00 – 22.00
- Coyote #2: $ 1.00 – 3.00
- Coyote Grease: $ 20.00
- Coyote Damaged /Frozen: $1.00 – 3.00
- Fox #1: $ 17.00 – 20.00
- Fox #2 / Damaged: $ 11.00
- Mink XXL /XL; $1.00 – 8.50
- Mink Med/Lg: $2.50 – 6.00
- Mink Carcass/Frozen: $1.00
- Muskrats XXL: $ 3.50 – 4.75
- Muskrats XL: $ 1.00 – 4.00
- Muskrats med/lg/grease.:$ 0.25 – 3.50
- Muskrats sm/kit/Damaged: $ 0.25 – 0.50
- Muskrat carcass/Frozen: $1.75 – 2.00
- OTTERS (IN 1st season): $17.50 – 25.00
- Opossum: $ 0.50
- Raccoon XXXXL/XXXL: $ 0.75 – 6.75
- Raccoon XXL/XL/LG: $ 0.50 – 5.25
- Raccoon small/Medium/Damaged: $1.00 -2.00
- Raccoon Grease / $0.50 – 4.00
- Raccoon Frozen Carcass: $ 0.50 – 5.00
- Skunk: No sale
I want to thank all of our Trappers who sold fur and / or made donations to the ISTA. Several people donated their fur sale proceeds, while Fred and Wanda Philips donated the food, and claimed no reimbursements for gas or hotel. We also want to give a special thank you to all of the Fur Buyers who came out and bid and bought the fur. They included: Mike Klingerman, Booth Strock of S&S Fur, Ron Minnich, Doug Truex, Gibson Hochgesang, Terry Manley, Dennis Cobb, Allen Miller of Maple Lane Furs, and Penny Caulton. (If I messed up a spelling, my apologies.) It was a large sale considering the current fur prices. Many people jumped in and helped out with the moving of the fur, making coffee, and cleaning up afterwards. Everything went so smoothly, that we were done with the building about 3 pm and only had a $1.00 discrepancy with one Buyer. Good job Wanda.
At this time, next year’s Fur sale should be Jan. 14, 2017, same place, same time.
Speaking of coming events, this year’s ISTA 55th Annual Convention and Rendezvous will be held at Mill Pond Park, 100 Mill Pond Rd., Union Mills, IN. The Convention for 2017 will be south of Hwy 70. I am still looking for the location, but I am hoping to have it within 20 miles of Rushville, IN. Watch the Website and the Newsletters for more information as it develops.
The new website is up and running. The address is still www.indianatrappers.org. Deric Beroshok is leading the charge on getting this site set up. He has already listed the Trapper Education (TE) courses for this next year that we are aware of. If you have one coming, please let us know and we will get it listed on the website.
Watch your top knot. Keep your eyes along the skyline.
Fred “DR” Philips, DVM